Welcome to The New Pursuit
This blog is dedicated to sharing, reflecting and contemplating the essence of what it means to live deeply. It explores the intersections of Life, Nature, Being and Community as I try to answer my One Burning Question: How is the human existence and experience transformed to one of balance, harmony and sustainability for the long-term viability of the entire planet?
For me, when you live deeply, deliberately and with intent you:
- Strive towards a simple or minimalist lifestyle, shedding the unnecessary and embracing what remains
- Are one with Nature, not apart or above it
- Allow mindfulness to bring the present moment into focus
- Live by example and share this insight with others, especially children
It is a way of being more than a to-do list. These posts are a good starting point:
- Deep Living 101: A Quick-Start Guide for Pursuing Your Own Path
- Deep Living 101: Defining What it Means to Live Deeply in a Shallow World
- Making Peace With the Natural World
- Life is Knocking: 9 Reasons Why We Should Answer the Call to Live Deeply
- Perspective: Why a Shift is Needed and How You Can Do It
- Meditation: The Awesome Power of Nature
- Mindfulness: 37 Everyday Places Where You Can Practice Enjoying the Moment
Like what you read?
If what you read resonates with you, please consider taking a few moments to subscribe for free via RSS or email to get future posts delivered right to you. Even better: Share the content with a few friends through Twitter or one of the other social media tools available at the bottom of each post. This is one of the best ways to support my writing. If you are on Twitter, you can also follow me at @bill_gerlach.